* Competitors will each perform a routine to one song which must be disclosed to the tournament organizers prior to the beginning of the tournament. Once the tournament begins, the competitor will not be allowed to change their selection. Performing to a different song will result in a disqualification.
* All performances will be judged by a panel consisting of 3-5 members who will be announced prior to the tournament. Each judge will grade the performances based on (but not limited to) the following criteria: Showmanship, creativity, musicality, presentation. The competitor’s game score will not be factored into judgment.
* Competitors must complete their performance with a passing grade per the game’s scoring system. A “FAILED” grade will result in a disqualification.
* Following the final performance, each judge will submit their top-10 candidates using the following voting vector (14, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1), where 1st place receives 14 points, 2nd place receives 9 points and so on.
* All judges’ decisions are final and are not subject to protest. Final tallies will be available per request after the competition.
* All performances must adhere to general guidelines of decency. Keep it PG, maybe PG-13. (If the material/tone of the performance wouldn’t be allowed on an episode of The Simpsons, you might want to rethink your idea.)
* If a competitor intends to use props for their performance, they must be cleared with the tournament staff before the day of competition. The use of unsanctioned props will result in an arbitrary judgment penalty and/or disqualification.
* Jumping onto the cabinet, “matrix walking”, and other violent/egregious contract with the cabinet is strictly forbidden. Doing such will result in a disqualification and potential liability towards the offending party for damages inflicted.
* Harassment, callouts and unwanted interactions with the audience and other players are strictly forbidden and will result in a disqualification and possible ban from future events. If, for any reason you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, come report to FST staff immediately.
* Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the tournament organizers.